The Business Sales Consultant role has both acquisition targets for new business, mostly through conversion of web or telesales leads and referrals from brand partners, and growth targets for existing customers.
Once new customers are converted, the Business Sales Consultant is responsible for their ongoing account management by taking ownership of the relationship and growing the account; giving it the daily attention, support and love it deserves to grow and remain loyal to DriveElectric.
Fast paced and dynamic with the opportunity for exponential growth as Britain moves towards 2030, DriveElectric are aiming to be at the forefront of the Electric Vehicle (EV) revolution as we help customers along the road to net zero. We understand that turning to EV’s isn’t just a purchase, it is a life choice and we pride ourselves on putting the customer at the heart of everything we do to support them on their electrification journey.
We are the experts in our field and pride ourselves on providing real world knowledge to customers in an efficient and friendly way. We are implementing cutting edge technology to drive efficiency and change whilst sticking true to our core value of being a ‘human’ business. As the market place evolves we want to keep being the best in our field and will continue to improve and adapt as individuals and as the wider team to enable us to stay ahead of the market.
If you want to be provided with opportunity and grow with a technologically minded business within a unique and on-trend marketplace then we would love to hear from you. Our people are the most important asset we have and the family feel you will get when you enter our Marlow offices will make you want to become part of a special group of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and qualification of new SME and retail leads and conversion in line with key results targets
- Key daily communication with the customer directly and throughout the business
- Identifying and creating opportunities to sell in additional products or services
- Ensuring customer SLA is met regarding quoting and ordering
- Ensuring customer fully understands the terms of agreements, SLAs and regulatory requirements
- Set up and carry out regular reviews with business customers to secure upcoming opportunities
- Ensuring Microsoft Dynamics CRM is kept up to date and producing SME sales reporting
- Ensuring renewal follow up and action
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences, and meetings as required
- Keeping up to date with industry news, EV launches and wider developments impacting our customers
- Working with the Retail and SME Sales Manager to convert and onboard new customers including set up of SLA, quotations and proposals, contract documentation, etc.
- Provide support to retail customers as required
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- First class attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer focus skills – desire to go above and beyond to deliver and ensure customers’ best interest is always at heart in line with DriveElectric values.
- Ability not just to respond to customer requests but politely question them with confidence
- Good relationship management skills with ability to adapt communication style depending on the audience
- A positive, professional “can do” attitude
- Highly self-motivated and comfortable with change
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven experience of working in a sales driven environment and working with targets and KPIs
- Proven experience of creating and maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Proven ability to breakthrough and reach key customer contacts
- Proven use of CRM systems
- Experience of order processing systems and management
- Proven ability to understand customer needs and successfully present solutions
- Proven ability to convert opportunities into sales
- Confident dealing with all levels of company management for each account
- Proven experience of customer service level agreements
- Knowledge of the Automotive industry
- Excellent knowledge of electric and hybrid vehicles – both cars and light commercial vehicles - in order to recommend the right solutions to customers
- Understanding and knowledge of the wider EV market; charging, ULEZ and factors influencing change, BIK, WLC, government policy/grants etc.
- Experience of working in an SME
- Financial services, automotive or energy sector experience
- Has an awareness or working knowledge of compliance and FCA regulations
- Financial awareness
- Educated to A Level or equivalent
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent at a minimum of grade C or equivalent
- Full clean UK driving licence
To be considered for this role candidates must have proof of right to work in the UK.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.