Electric and Plug-in Hybrid cars or vans qualify for a 100% discount on the Congestion Charge but you must apply for the discount.
Please be aware that as the keeper of the leased vehicle, it is your responsibility to apply for the Ultra-low emission discount. DriveElectric are unable to apply on behalf of our customers.
How to apply
You can apply for the discount online by setting up a London Road User Charging account.
Having an account means you can:
- Manage and easily renew your discount online
- Set up CC Auto Pay for up to 5 vehicles so you can pay the Congestion Charge at a lower rate
- Make faster payments by storing your contact, vehicle and payment details
- Allow up to 5 people access to your London Road User Charging account
- Business account users can apply for CC Auto Pay but also have the option of Fleet Auto Pay, an automated payment service for companies with a fleet of 6 or more vehicles
Documents you need to provide
The following documents must be provided to show you’re entitled to the discount:
- V5C vehicle registration certificate (logbook) issued by the DVLA
- If your vehicle is a ‘plug-in hybrid’ you will also need to supply a conformity certificate, unless you are registering a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
You can upload images of these documents as part of your online application, or you can send copies by post or email later on.
- You have to pay £10 to register each vehicle for the discount.
- This will need to be renewed every year.
Until you receive confirmation that your application is successful, you should continue to pay the daily Congestion Charge in full for travel within the charging zone. This can take up to 10 working days. Not paying during this time will results in penalties.
Renewing your Discount:
TFL will notify you when your discount is due to expire. You will be able to renew your discount online once you have received this notification.
Should you have any questions please contact your Account Manager directly or email email@example.com